TalentGuard is a market leader in the talent management space. Our award-winning talent management suite measurably improve a company’s ability to develop and retain people.
TalentGuard is searching for a talented Software Engineer to join the team and report directly to the CTO. In this role, you will participate in the quality assurance process and follows up to ensure that all software products and services meet company standards and end-user requirements.
- Maintaining defect documentation and logs. Assisting in generating problem resolutions and reporting.
- Developing and documenting quality assurance standards. Recognizing and identifying areas where policies and procedures need to be changed or developed.
- Tracking quality assurance metrics such as defect densities and open defect counts.
- Participating all phases of software engineering life cycle and troubleshooting technical problems as needed.
- Developing, publishing, and implementing test plans. Writing, maintaining and automating software testing.
- Proactively work with developers and product owners to define & refine product feature requirements
- Design test plans, procedures, and test cases for new features, enhancements, and resolved defects to thoroughly test products in a manner that ensures overall product quality and correct functionality
- Design effective SQL queries for use in thoroughly testing data through multiple databases and environments
- Execute manual and automated tests to validate the functionality, usability, and overall quality of features and products
- Conduct all types of application testing as needed, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods
- Document test plans and test cases
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a QA engineer/tester in software development environments
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related field preferred
- Experience with object oriented .NET (C#, ASP.NET, MVC, WCF) design and development
- Strong knowledge of software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Experience designing, maintaining, and executing manual test cases to fully cover product functionality
- SQL Server knowledge and strong SQL query writing skills
- Testing experience with mobile devices
- Experience in test automation using tools like Selenium
- Experience effectively using defect tracking system such as JIRA
- Experience using test case management systems